Post Event Sales Lead Nurturing & Maximising ROI
When you return to your office after your next exhibition or conference, you will have hopefully made some valuable contacts when engaging with your targeted prospects, setting yourself up with a good catch of motivated prospects.
Fishing for prospects
Don’t Let Them Slip Through The Net!
Prospects like fish.
Without an effective strategic and tactical plan for your post event lead nurturing you could be wasting all that potential return on investment from your event.
So here at Sales Accelerant we want to share with you a plan to maximise lead generation results from your event.
Lead Nurturing Plan
Protecting your catch.
Converting more sales leads.
What Is Lead Nurturing?
The concept of Lead Nurturing is taking a sales lead that is not sales ready, at the point when initially qualified as a lead (i.e. not yet ready to make a buying decision) and strategically informing and influencing the prospect over time until they are ready to make a buying decision. Some might refer to lead nurturing as ‘distant relationship management over time’.
The aim and purpose of this process is to keep the company name and proposition at the front of the prospects’ mind, building familiarity/trust, credibility and relationship over time so that when they are close to making a buying decision they will want to re-engage instantly and enter into productive discussions.
Benefits of lead nurturing.
Lead Nurturing Enables Companies To Maintain A Continuous Dialogue With Prospects During The Buying Cycle (In Between Meetings And Calls) Without Alienating Them In The Process (A Fine Balancing Act), Resulting In:
- Increased sales lead conversion rates
- Increased revenues
- Increased sales rep productivity
- Educated prospects
- Trust and credibility
- Reduction in sales pipeline drop out rates
Helpful lead nurturing statistics
- 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. Lack of lead nurturing is the common cause (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 65% of B2B marketers have not established lead nurturing (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 79% of B2B marketers have not established lead scoring (Source: MarketingSherpa)
Get it right.
Key Advice On Lead Nurturing
- Stay in contact with your prospects/leads. Since you will be sending information to your target prospects on a regular basis, you need to get them to agree (opt-in) to be part of the program. Otherwise, you will be quickly thought of as a spammer and the rest of the process will not work.
- Find out your individual prospects’/leads’ interests and build rapport.This is especially important if you have multiple products or services. Send irrelevant information and the lead will lose interest and end the conversation.
- Identify quality prospects/leads. This should be standard practice, but it’s good to keep in mind. You do not need to and should not waste effort interacting with people who have no need for what you offer. You especially do not want to create enemies by targeting the wrong people with campaigns.
Making sure you have the checks in place.
Analyse your Lead Nurturing
Reach out to the engaged prospects/leads immediately after the show; this is the most important thing. Do not let weeks pass by, as the lead will quickly forget you and the momentum generated during your initial meeting will be lost. Whether you reach out via an email, phone call or social media, make sure it is done right away.
You must do this.
Sales Accelerant Top Tip
“Decide what leads should be followed up straight away and which are not ready to engage. Include the non sales ready leads in a lead nurturing program.”
Setting yourself up for sales lead conversion success.
Use CRM and/or marketing automation software to track interactions with your prospects/leads.
- Develop buyer personas to suit respective prospects e.g. CEOs, COOs, CIOs, FDs, MDs, procurement, marketing etc.
- Produce content, which is aligned to the individual buyer personas and sales cycle stages (for each sector)
- Monitor who is reading your material and when
- Monitor who is clicking on your links and when
- Monitor who is downloading content from landing pages
- Monitor which prospects are visiting the website (visitor tracking)
Of course, always record these interactions in your CRM software if not already done so automatically.
Do you have this in hand?
- Do you have a CRM system that is fit for purpose e.g. Salesforce, Dynamics, Oracle or CallPro?
- Do you use marketing automation software e.g. Eloqua or HubSpot?
- Do you need to outsource your lead nurturing process?
- Can this be done in house? Do you have the time/experience?
Giving prospects some space.
Follow Up On Potential Prospects
Be consistent with your follow-ups. A lead should not be contacted weekly (unless they ask you or you are ready to close), but on a semi-regular basis ranging from one week to several.
Here at Sales Accelerant we make sales lead generation and lead nurturing results more predictable and consistent.
At Sales Accelerant we will help you to increase your sales through providing you with highly effective demand generation, sales lead generation and qualification, lead nurturing and sales consultancy services.
Take a look at our eBook to explore our effective sales approach.
Sales Accelerant is a multi-channel inbound and outbound sales lead generation agency and within our team we have significant experience in many industries.
Call 01273 358170 OR 0845 3058145 TODAY for a free no obligation chat or Email Us for a call back!